Friday, December 12, 2008

Not Again...

Okay so get this right, yesterday was just one of those day. To start off, it had been raining for like 2 days. Now, I'm one of those crazy people who love to go to sleep to rain and wake up to it, but there's a line that comes up where its like come on now, give me some sunlight, oh and it's cold. If it was any colder, with the amount of rain, it would had been quite abit of snow.

The other thing was that our dog ran off, again. He did once when we were away and then again yesterday. He has a pen outside, which, he hasn't really been in these last couple days due to the weather. He has had the luxury of the indoors. Well, and this is my only explaination, because of the breed he has in him, Husky, he likes to run. On top of that, he has the deer that comes out of the woods so very often to chase. And chase he does!! The other day I allowed him to take me into the woods to try and get an idea of where exactly he goes. I really didnt know the woods were that deep. It got to the point that when we stopped running, I looked around, and there was nothing but trees. Not a single sign of a house or anything and this is in winter. So the trees have not one leaf on them. I brought my phone with me and made sure i had a signal, called the wife to let her know where we were, you know just to be safe. Anyways, so yesterday he ran off while I carried the wife to work. I guess I didnt latch the pen door properly and he was off. I didnt know where or what direction he went. I went to the edge of the woods and called, nothing. To make it worst, it was raining and cold! The next 5-6 hours or so was nerve racking. My wife made up posters, pretty nice ones too :) She was ready to call the humane society, but I was counting on one thing. The last time he ran off, he came back in the evening, why, FOOD :) He knew where his food was and he was back ready to eat. Home is where the stomach is huh :)

So, all day I was checking outside, upstairs front door, the car porch, everywhere, nothing. I left to pick up the wife from work. By now, I was just upset about the whole situation. We devised a plan. We got back to the house, I suited up in my warm as ever waterproof clothes, I took the sun....I need to make a short post about the sun :) just the most awesomest flash light there is
:)...I degris...Grabbed my walking stick and my cell phone and headed into the cold, windy, wet woods. I think I made to the edge of the woods when I heard Philippa calling me saying he's back. *whew* Sigh of releaf and joy!! He was wet and dirty and cold. We had some bounding time in the bathroom as I gave him a long hot bath :) Sandy was happy to see him also, her playing buddy, Kitty on the other hand, eh, not so happy :)

What a day.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy he returned also. You were so sad I didn't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys found him. Oh, and you've been tagged. http://adjix.com/vr56 :D

    ReplyDelete