Thursday, December 25, 2008

Blogs of the Past #4...

As I read this journal from my past, it just reminded me of how important it is for guys to have other guys to just talk and relate to each other in guys stuff...Did that make any sense? Well, if it did then great you got it. If not, then just read on. Guys, chime in, tell me if you relate to this.




Iron Sharpening Iron
Jul 25, 2006 3:58 PM

This weekend I was honored to go to a couple from church little girl's birthday party, actually to help out. So, me and my wife made Dirt Cakes. Side note, if you never had it, OMG its good and it looks like dirt and everything. Anyways, so I to the house and drop off the cakes to the wife and immediately look for the husband. Well, I guess its the man thing to do, but there he was outside with another guy friend from church, working the grill. You know after exchanging the hello's and hi's and what's up's, we just lounge back on the patio, just talking about everything under the sun that guys talk about. Over the next hour or so, the patio was filled with laughter and chatter of men. About 7 or 8 of us. You know, you never know where or when you going to get your next encouraging word or give it. Cause you see, I truly believe that all guys go through pretty much the same situations one time or another. Might not be at the same time in each other's lives but usually the same situations. Oh and they usually have or think about the same concerns. It's funny, alot of times we, guys, don't out right come out and say, hey I got this issue or hey help my out with this. But you know what, let one person open up with the same concern and watch out, cause like a crack in a dam, it starts with a trickle, but them the flood gates open. Being the, what seems to be, the only married guy there without a child or children, it was just amazing to hear the stories and jokes that were shared with being a father and husband. I sat back and just laughed, thinking of the day that I'll be sharing my story. It was great to be around a group of Godly Men.

Fellowship

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm obviously not a guy but I can understand what you are saying. I always get encouraged and feel good knowing you have other godily men in your life that you can talk to, teach, and learn from.

    ReplyDelete