Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So What's New...

Hey folks. So what's new? Well couple things. First, the move from Maryland to Florida. Yup, we are out of the cold, which as of yesterday it was snowing and low 20's, to the warm, where today it's 70's sunny ans slight breeze. The way I see it, Orlando is on top. The move was a move of faith and we aren't looking back. We felt that God really wanted us here. Why, not sure yet, but when He makes it known, it's going to be like WOW!!! Secondly, we have no jobs!! Now a lot of people already are saying then why did you move? What you going to do? To that I say, see above. What part of God's got this do you understand. Third, the brats, i.e. the dogs, are just loving it...i think...minus the heat. They are getting used to it. Sad part is that it's not even summer yet. But they have a nice fenced in back yard to run and play. The walks are nice and the soil is soft sand, so they can dig, which they have figured out on their own. See I know, cause I am out there refilling the holes. Fourth, we went to a career fair out by the college, University of Central Florida, to check out what's going on. Well, nothing came out of it. One, the employers were very position specific and two, it was mostly for internships, accounts, and finance. Oh well, the search continues. Fifth, WE FOUND A CHURCH!!! Okay, well, we'll see. We went to a church and it was pretty good. It was faith Assembly. The set up and just the atmosphere was just like Redeemer, our church in Maryland. We are definitely going back again this Sunday and I'm bringing my camera.

All in all, it's be a week and a half and things are finally shaping up. I think we are rooted in for now. The family is great. I haven't connected with too many friends yet and man i miss my family and friends in Maryland.

But hey, stay tuned. I just know more news from Orlando is still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment